COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) UPDATE
Due to concern for the Badminton community, Badminton New Zealand announced today that they were cancelling and/or postponing all Badminton New Zealand led sanctioned events from the 23rd of March through until the 27th of April. This will include tournaments and Inter Association competitions.
This is in-line with a number of other major sporting codes who over the last few days have cancelled all non- essential sport through until late April, early May.
As a result, Badminton North Harbour have reviewed its events and programs and have made the following decisions effective immediately.
All domestic competitions conducted by Badminton North Harbour will be suspended and postponed until the 27th of April. This includes the following:
Final week of Summer League is cancelled with standings as they are, as of 19 March 2020.
All Ladder Competitions will be delayed until the week of the 4th of May.
April Holiday Programs are cancelled.
After School programs are cancelled until 27th April.
Representative trainings will be optional to each individual. Courts will remain booked and can be used if players want to play. Please contact your team captains and discuss if you wish to continue training.
BNH training squads are currently suspended until the 30th of March and are being reviewed. We will update all squad members prior to the 30th March as to what will happen forward of this date.
Clubs, Over 35’s and Over 55’s bookings will remain in place and it remains the option of the clubs and their players as to whether they wish to play.
The facility will remain open for all those that wish to book courts and play.
We thank you for your understanding during what is, and will be, a challenging time. Please contact me if I can be of any further assistance. We shall stay in touch and be in contact with further updates as new information comes to hand.