Our community’s health comes first in badminton decisions.
Participants, players, coaches, officials, volunteers and their families’ health is the main priority for all badminton decisions during the rapidly developing COVID – 19 situation.
It’s vital the badminton community adheres to measures regarding travel and self-isolation put in place by the New Zealand Government, and doesn’t contribute to any further spread of COVID- 19. Please help to ensure all members follow this directive.
We continue to monitor this fast- developing situation closely and will keep you updated.
We encourage everyone to follow official advice around hand washing and other hygiene measures. We have provided hygiene information throughout the facilities and installed hand sanitizing stations for those that wish to use it.
- We expect further advice from the New Zealand Government on mass gatherings this week, and will update you with any additional impact
- Until we are advised otherwise Badminton will continue as usual.
- Individual participants can elect not to participate in any activity at their personal discretion.
- If anyone associated with any club or organization is feeling unwell, they should refrain from all Badminton activities straight away and seek medical advice by calling Healthline on 0800 611 116 or their own GP or medical center.
Good Hygiene for Badminton Players
- If you’re sick don’t come to badminton
- Limit physical contact like shaking hands. Great other players and opponents with ankles and elbow bumps, nod of the head or raising of the eyebrows as acknowledgement.
Don’t be offended if others don’t wish to shake hands or touch.
- Irrespective of COVID-19, water bottles shouldn’t be shared. All players should have their own.
- Don’t share drinks, towels or any other equipment.
- Ensure you are washing your hands regularly as recommended with soap and water or sanitizer if available.
- BNH have placed signs around the facility reminding members about the risks posed by COVID-19 and encouraging basic hygiene.
- Hand sanitizers have been installed in the facilities and we encourage people to use them
- Our facilities are being maintained and cleaned to the highest standard with appropriate cleaning agents and additional cleaning will be implemented.
Where to get information
- Ministry of Health: https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
- Ministry of Health 24/7 helpline Ph: 0800 358 5453
- Worksafe: https://worksafe.govt.nz/topic-and-industry/work-related-health/workplace-preparedness-for-novel-coronavirus/
- Safe Travel NZ: https://www.safetravel.govt.nz/travel-advisories
- MBIE https://www.mbie.govt.nz/about/open-government-and-official-information/coronavirus-covid-19/