With the move to the new Traffic Light System Level Red we will be reopening the courts for play.
Courts will be available for play on Friday the 3rd of December and the facility will be open from 8am to 10pm until further notice
Courts bookings will be available from Wednesday 1st of December
In line with the latest announcement by the Government, Badminton North Harbour will re-open on Friday 3rd of December 2021 from 8am, with added precautions in addition to our previous Alert Level measures to keep our community safe. From this date the Bond Crescent facility will operate under temporary staff hours of 8am to 10pm (all bookings must finish at 10pm). These measures will remain in place whilst Auckland is under COVID (Delta) red light or in such time as BNH deem it safe to return to longer hours.
How it is going to work:
The Board of Badminton North Harbour have declared that the facility at Bond Crescent will be mandated so that all people entering must be double vaccinated as per the Government requirements. All people will need to produce their My Vaccine Pass on their mobile device or a hard copy to enter the facility.
- All players/people must show their My Vaccine pass and once verified by a BNH representative will be allowed to enter the BNH facility
- All players must scan the QR code reader in the foyer or complete the manual paper version outside the office window.
- Upon entering and leaving the facility, you will be required to be wearing a face mask.
- Whilst in the stadium, you must wear a face covering whenever you’re not playing on court.
- Stay at least one metre from others whenever possible, especially when you’re not on court. We’ve added some visual aids in the stadium to assist with the distancing requirement.
- Staff will be doing spot checks to make sure everyone complies with these new guidelines, failure to do so may result your account/membership being suspended and/or cancelled.
- Contactless/Card payments are preferred to reduce cash handling.
- Players entering the court are required to use the hand sanitizing station behind the court prior to going on court.
- Players leaving the court are required to use the hand sanitizing station behind the court as the leave the court.
Existing precautions reinstated for Red Traffic Light:
- During our temporary staff hours, bookings are limited to a maximum of 2 hours per group.
- Showers and changing rooms will be closed with only toilets available for use.
- Upstairs facilities will be unavailable and cordoned off.
- Watercooler will be unavailable, please bring your own drinks.
- All seating behind the courts will require anyone to be at least 1 metre away from another person encouraging the physical distancing requirements whilst players are off court.
- Please put all rubbish and used shuttles in the bin at the end of your session.
|In line with the new mandatory record keeping requirements as part of NZ’s response to COVID-19, we have made some changes to how you make a booking.|
- It will be the responsibility of any person making a court booking that the other players or associated persons are double vaccinated and therefore allowed into the facility. Failure to comply with this will see that person suspended from booking courts or playing in the facility.
- It will be the responsibility of the person or court card holder that has made the booking to ensure that all persons associated with their booking have scanned in, that they are all wearing masks as required and finally exiting the facility in a prompt and timely fashion.
- Bookings can be made online or calling the office and pro-shop. Booking courts in the facility will be permitted but all persons must keep the one metre distancing requirement at the booking station.
Clubs, trainings and in-stadium programmes:
|Clubs that decide to operate under the Red Traffic Light criteria will be responsible for checking their club players in using the My Vaccine Pass. All other criteria including social distancing and mask wearing will be the responsibility of the club and spot checks will be carried out by BNH approved persons. If clubs are found in breach of this their courts will be cancelled until we move to an appropriate level where clubs can operate without these restrictions.
Training and in-stadium programs (such as squads and shuttle time programs) can operate under the same criteria as clubs. It will be the responsibility of the coaches to ensure players provide their My Vaccine Pass to gain entry to the facility. Mask wearing is compulsory unless on court as per the standard criteria of BNH.
If you or your children are feeling unwell, you MUST stay home and DO NOT attend any sessions at the stadium.