HAVE YOUR SAY WITH REGARD TO SPORT – YOUR VOICE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
SUBMISSIONS ARE OPEN to “Have your say on Councils 10-year Budget 2021-2031” and it’s EXTREMELY IMPORTANT the sports sector ensures their voice is heard. The Sport & Rec sector needs as many submissions as possible to ensure appropriate funding is going towards the sector, a sector that as we know provides so many opportunities and benefits for all.
If everyone could PLEASE SUBMIT urgently, that would be fantastic. See instructions below.
If you are involved with our sport or a club it is important we identify Badminton as a fantastic sport for all and that our facilities are under extreme pressure for court availability. We will require ongoing funds for our current venues and additional funding for new facilities going forward.
WHY submit – To ensure there is funding directed towards Sport & Recreation over the next 10 years. The more submissions, the stronger the voice for the sector.
HOW to submit?
- Click this link: https://akhaveyoursay.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/hub-page/10-year-budget-2021-2031?gclid=Cj0KCQjwi7yCBhDJARIsAMWFScMWqM3Ha4kcWOxd9vdl3DhNdm_L3RLbrnkG9gXutad09R_w5VzpRdYaAg-BEALw_wcB
- Complete Q1 – Q6 (general questions)
- Complete Q7 – What is important to you – Add comment “Sport & Rec is important to me because…..” OR copy and paste the key submission points below
WHEN to submit – ASAP! Submissions close March 22nd, 12.00pm.
KEY submission points:
- Continued recognition and use of the Auckland Sports Sector: Facilities Priorities Plan 2017, to guide good decision making
- Continued use of the Sport and Recreation Strategic Action Plan (SARSAP), to ensure the plan is continued
- Recognise the economic, social and community value of the Sport and Recreation Sector
- Recognise the impact Covid 19 has had on our sector
- Retain the Sport and Recreation Facilities Fund, the Regional Sport and Recreation Facilities Operating Grant and the Sportsfield Development Capacity Fund
- Increase the funding level of the Sport and Recreation Facilities Fund, the Regional Sport and Recreation Facilities Operating Grant and the Sportsfield Development Capacity Fund to reflect sector demand
- Support Local Board sport and recreation projects and priorities
- Support the Local Board sport and recreation One Local Initiatives projects which address regional priorities
- Support reinstating the local Board Transport Capital Fund to previous levels
- Seek clarification about Council’s proposal to moving from an asset-based approach to alternative ways of delivering services
- Supporting a focus on renewals and proactive asset maintenance
- Urging caution around the implications and potential impacts of community asset divestment
- Ensuring Council has the capacity to deliver the budgeted projects